Chinese Society is harnessing technology in all aspects of their daily life. The most marvellous aspect is paperless currency. In China, it seems that most everyone use their Smartphones for payment. And today, I will show you how to set up your Alipay. Let’s go!
You May Also Want to Learn the WeChat Setting:
- Passport number
- Chinese phone number
- Chinese bank account
Sep 1: Download the Alipay APP and tap the “Me” section
Step 2: Enter the “My Account: Cards, Membership” section
Step 3: Tap on the “My Cards – Add Now”
Step 4: Tap on “My Cards – Add Now” again
Step 5: Add your bank card number after entering the transaction password that you have set during step 5
Step 6: Fill your bank card information
- The name you add has to be the name that your Chinese bank has on file.
- Make sure the bank has your current phone number in its record
- Enter your ID details:
-For foreign nationals- Select Passport as ID type
-For HK and Taiwan users- Use Home visit Permit as ID type
- China Guangfa Bank (Debit Card), PSBC and Citi Bank (Credit Card) don’t support using your passport as a form of ID. If you find that you can’t change the ID type to a passport, you may need to change a bank account.
Step 7: Add your Chinese mobile phone number
Step 8: Enter the SMS phone verification confirmation code
Step 9: Set a 6 digits payment password
After setting up your Alipay account, you can
- Shop on most of Chinese website, including Taobao and Tmall
- Transfer money to your friends
- Pay credit card bills
- Pay phone bills
- Go Dutch
- Get a taxi
- Invest in mutual fund with Alibaba
- Check bank balance
- In-store purchase for selected supermarket, restaurants and vending machines
- Top up & Withdrawal: tap “balance” and then tap “Top up” to transfer money from your bank card to your Alipay balance. And tap “Withdrawal” to do the opposite.
-For unverified Alipay users, if monthly transfer value is less than RMB500, it is free, if over RMB500, Alipay will charge 1% of the exceed part.
-Alipay charges 0.1% commission when you make a withdrawal.
- Transfer(three main ways)
-tap “transfer” in a dialogue to send money to your friend
-Scan QR code
-pay vendor: tap “pay” and show the QR code to the cashier, then the cashier will input the amount and scan your code and then your expense will be automatically deducted from your Alipay account.
-receive money by showing QR code: tap “collect”, then your QR code will be available to the others
-receive money by “Go Dutch”: tap “Go Dutch” and input the total amount of money you would like to collect and select the number of people, finally, tap “Intiate Collection”.
- Check the transaction limit( depend on the bank you use): “Me” – “Band Cards” – press any of your bank card – “Transfer” – “Limit”.
Is it very easy for you? Of course. And I am sure it will be a piece of cake for you.